Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A child is born, sort of

   So a week ago, the package came.
   Inside a rectangular, cardboard box and wrapped in brown paper were copies of my book.
   It was the moment the surreal became real. There, in my hands, was the finish product with its beautiful cover created by my brother and filled with the words I felt inspired to write. In a small way, it was like that emotion I felt when I first held each of my children. I shed a few tears because it was done, completely finished.
   It was an amazing moment, staring at the cover and thumbing through its pages. Wow. This is what I want to do with the rest of my life.
   With social media, I was able to share my newborn instantly, and I received instant feedback, which was also nice.
   Yesterday, I started Book 2. I don't have a working title. The Key of Elyon was simply named "book." Book 2 is called "sequel." Yeah, it's original.

No comments:

Post a Comment