Saturday, June 2, 2012

No turning back

   As of June 1, I am a published author - of a book, that is.
   Several people asked me how that felt. I'm not sure how to answer that question. I might know when I have that hard copy in my hand. Those are scheduled to arrive on June 13. I ordered some for the upcoming book signing, which is scheduled for my birthday on July 5.
   Yesterday was a blur of Twitter and Facebook messages. I have two radio interviews that are slated for the end of the month, just in time for the book signing. I sold a few copies.
   I think I'm more nervous now than ever. It's finished, completed, done, but in a way, it's not. It's just the beginning, and there's no turning back. I think I woke up last night in a panic, wondering where a misplaced comma might be or something stupid that five sets of eyes missed in the editing process.
  I need to set my eyes on the next project. A few people have loved it so I know that there is an audience out there. I just need to find it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment