Friday, May 25, 2012

Judge a Book By Its Cover

  After joining a few author and publisher websites, I've started receiving information on book covers and marketing. Many of these emails tout the importance of a great book cover. Don't do it yourself was the advice from one such book cover hawker because people judge whether they will buy the book because of its cover. If you have no artistic inclinations and are technically challenged, then don't go this route alone. Buy a cover from us is what they are really saying.
  That's o.k. I have a professional doing mine. My cover is almost complete. I've seen glimpses of it, and it's really good. My brother oozes creativity. It has all of these small elements from the book on it, and it's very eye-catching. It also shows my brother's personality. The main color is orange - his favorite color. When I was younger, I have to admit I didn't like orange, but it's grown on me over the years. It definitely works for the cover. It's striking.
  It should be finished tomorrow.
  I'm excited. It's finally all coming together. We had one more book read-through, and everything should be clean now. Soon, I will hold a book in my hand.
   And if people judge my book by its cover, they won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment